- 000 LUCS AV002 Aerial view Fountainbridge c1920
Aerial view Fountainbridge circa 1920 before Edinburgh Basins were drained. Port Hamilton can be seen at thetop of the photograph. The simple lifting bridge in the mid right of the photograph has yet to be replaced by the Leamington lidting bridge iwhich is still at its original site in Fountainbridge at the time of this photograph. The curved section of the canal at the top tight is Lochrin basin where the canal now terminates.
- 000 LUCS AV003 Aerial view Fountainbridge 1930
Aerial view Fountainbridge in the 1930 after Edinburgh Basins were closed and the canal terminated at Lochrin basin (top right). The Leamington lifting bridge was moved moved Fountainbridge when the Edinburgh basins closed and is now in its current position (mid right). The North British Rubber Company at Fountainbridge employed 8000 workers and was the birth place of the wellie boot.
- 000 LUCS H0174 Fountainbridge lifting bridge from Lochrin basin
Lifting bridge at Fountainbridge was erected in 1906 and removed in Novermber 1922 after closure of Port Hopetoun and termination of canal at Lochrin Basin. Bridge was then moved to become the Leamington Road Bridge
- 000 LUCS V0006 End of Union Canal c1980
End of Union Canal at Lochrin basin c1980
- 001 LUCS H0007 Old Leamington Rd wooden lifting bridge
The old wooden bridge was demolished and replaced by the litfing bridge at Fountainbridge which was no longer required after Port Hopetoun was closed in 1922 and the canal terminated at Lochrin basin
- 001 LUCS H0011 Lochrin Basin rowing boats
Pleasure boating in Lochrin basin in the 1930s
- 001 LUCS H0012 Viewforth bridge from Leamington Road
Viewforth bridge from Leamington Road. This bridge bears the arms of Edinburgh and Glasgow on the east and west sides respectively
- 001 LUCS H0166 Hire boats at Lochrin basin
Hire boats at Lochrin basin